Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Keep It Up Buddy And I Might Just Quit Shaving

Read previous post first for better understanding.

I was so excited to show my husband my new blog look! He never reads it, but I was just proud at what I'd been able to figure out on my own and needed somebody to show it off to. "Yeah, you did a really good job! Why do your legs look so white?"

You know, I think I'll just take my blog and go play somewhere else.

Where is the love? I know men sometimes speak without weighing the ability of a comment to come across very differently than intended, but sadly their innocence (or ignorance, depending upon how I feel like taking it) has brought me to a very depressing, inescapable conclusion. I ain't 18 anymore! It's been a long time and several pounds since I was voted Miss Photogenic of the Oklahoma Central Miss Pageant. Of course, that's nothing close to Miss America either, but still I was at one time honored for the ability to look my best on camera. SIIIIIGH.

I'll be keeping the white-legged look for a while. I'm just going to claim that it best matches the palette. Or pretend I'm wearing tights, either one. Then I'll tersely remind people I haven't tanned since my roommate developed skin cancer in college even as I laid out right beside her. Then I may try to grow a mustache - just for spite!

6 comments:

Denise said...

That was hilarious! you are quite funny! I needed a good laugh tonight

Anonymous said...

Hey, he's lucky you can only consider trying to grow a moustache, lol. And "I think I'll just take my blog and play elsewhere." BAHAHAHAHAHA! That completely cracked me up.

And I can't believe we have royalty in common, lol. I was our town's Apple Queen (won a trip to the Big Apple and everything). I also recieved the Outstanding Achievement award at the Miss Teen of OH pageant, albeit MANY MANY M-A-N-Y moons ago.

So yes, if we wanna show off legs of milkey white, so be it. Wear 'em proud, sister! ;)
Blessings,
~Toni~

Anonymous said...

I'd WAY rather have white legs than cancer!!! By the way, I wouldn't have noticed your legs if you hadn't mentioned it!

(I thought that pic of you was really cute!)

Anonymous said...

LOL! I can picture the ENTIRE scene! I'll just say what he won't - YOUR BLOG LOOKS TERRIFIC AND I'M PROUD OF YOU! I love you so much, "Punkin". Mom

Mayhem And Miracles said...

He DID love the blog, Mom. He was very flattering - even with the white leg comment, I suppose, since he was SURPRISED that they look so white. I'm personally fine with the picture. It even blurred kinda cool. If I am living in denial, I'm enjoying it.

Mayhem And Miracles said...

Oh, and thanks for the sweet compliments!