"Mom, guess what we learned today, about how people and animals and stuff have science names for the scientists to tell everything apart. We are.....wait....is it reptiles? (Snicker from big brother) Yeah. Humans are called reptiles, I think."
"No, Sweetie. Reptiles are lizards and crocodiles and stuff like that. We, human beings, are called homosapiens."
"Oh."
A couple of minutes pass as big brother shows his superior knowledge in the subject and Justice eats it all up learning everything he can. Then it dawns on him once more. I can hear him telling his brother, "Yeah, but that's just weird - HOMELESS APES - I don't really want to be called that. Shouldn't that be the name for the monkeys or something? I mean, we are not monkeys and we DO live in houses!"
I am loving that they still act little and they're so stinkin' cute.
In fact, it has a lot to do with my absence lately. Well, actually, I have been blogging more than ever lately with all of the wonderful excitement and trying new changes that have been taking place around here. But they have all been kept private for now due to the dishonest cheater who felt it their right to delve into our personal information. This time, though, we have much better leads and I would advise said person that we have a good idea who you are and how to deal with you.
Other than that, I am shifting around a lot of priorities right now due to some major life re-organization. I have been working a lot (as in, for income) and I've decided that if anyone truly wants to stay in touch with me via my blog, they will. And if not, that's perfectly understandable and O.K. as well.
Local relationships, meanwhile, have been growing fantastically. I have been enjoying very much the women of my church and a new dynamic that seems to have all of us trying harder to fellowship and understand one another. This is a direct answer to prayers and I am loving getting to know everyone more intimately. Greg and I have been enjoying one another more than ever. And I am thanking God eagerly and often for my children and the opportunity I have to not miss a moment with them, especially lately. We have had some FANTASTIC talks and a little fun at the expense of homework, per my mandate.
Until I make it back again..........
Friday, February 29, 2008
While Away
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Good luck with all of that! I'm glad you've found some information to help.
You're kids are adorable!
I was catching up on your posts and as usual your snappy style and honest way of looking at life made me smile.
I love what you said about smiling over crooked sweaters.
God bless you and all YOURS!
Love!
I'm sorry someone is violating your privacy in some manner. That's just,...sad? Pathetic? Both, I believe.
Sounds like you've had some real relationship blessings of late. That's awesome. Tend to them. We'll be here. You know we will. ;)
blessings,
~Toni~
I appreciate your honesty so much. I, too, have been re-working priorities, and thus blogging has not been near the top of my list. I am working it back into my schedule, but good for you for making the changes you feel you need to make. The sweet comment you recently left me really touched me--thanks! (PS: I love your new picture--beautiful!!)
Love and blessings,
Karen
Post a Comment