Saturday, May 31, 2008

Prayer Makes The Difference

At 2:45 this afternoon, my MIL received a phone call from a tired, sunburned and exhausted much-loved man. We were outside and missed her message, which is why I am just now updating. P. is on his way home! He had stayed awake all night long, walking some 12 miles from where he was last seen in an attempt to get back home. Because of missing his medications, he was disoriented and ended up very near our large metro airport. But, my MIL says, after racking his brain ALL NIGHT (no sleep) trying to remember her telephone number, it all of a sudden just clicked, and that's when he called.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR PRAYERS!!! S-O M-U-C-H!!! I HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT THAT GOD SPOKE THAT PHONE NUMBER TO HIM!

Without giving away too private details, I do want to explain a few things to God's Glory and for gratitude for your prayers for a cyber friend when I was much too exhausted to even form the words for my family or myself.

P. has gone missing twice before, yes. And on those occasions (especially the first time) we were also very frantic. But certain circumstances this time made us fear for his safety even more than we've had reason to in the past. Let's just say that the details surrounding this episode make his return to us all the more miraculous and deeply humbling. And this time, (I am CONVINCED) because of so many prayers both here and elsewhere, he returned quicker than we ever anticipated. Quicker than the other times, which were a week the first time and 2 1/2 days the other. Knowing what we did about details this time, that was TOTALLY UNEXPECTED.

P. is a sweet man who just takes people at their word unless and until they give him a reason not to. He also is tall and muscular and hefty and built like a college linebacker. You can see where this might be a dangerous dichotomy. (Remember Lenny from "Of Mice And Men?") Beyond his own safety, we also feared for the trouble P. could face if he were to retaliate at being taken advantage of.

Instead he is at my MIL's home, sleeping soundly (as is she!) before they return him to the center where he lives sometime today or tomorrow. I do want to say that knowing what she does (which is more than she's even had time to tell us) she does not seem to think that they have been negligent in any way.

As for me, I have been an emotional wreck today. Whatever strength I might have seemed to have had yesterday was shot to bits today even before we knew P. was safe. The sheer amount of problems we have been handed in a just 48 hours has been a bit overwhelming, to say the least. Earlier today, it just all seemed to release with a hysterical fit of crying that had obviously been at the brim without my even realizing it. Then the message about P. sent me crying again. Then laughing - with joy at the news and at myself for feeling like I change from up to down and back about every 15 minutes. I still feel peace that God is going to see us through all of these inveniences. I'm just wondering which to tackle first, ya know. All of them require action and I am but one person. That is where I struggle more than anything. Not with worry at the outcome but with having grace in the wading through. I want to do well in everything I set my mind to, but that takes more time than I sometimes feel like I have. I don't want to tell my kids I'm too busy to watch a somersault or tell my hubby it will be fast food tonight yet again! Anyway, sitting here is getting none of it done and it will take several weeks to wade through it all, so I suppose I should get started.

Again THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR PRAYERS. THEY MADE A DIFFERENCE.

5 comments:

Denise said...

Praise the Lord! I'm so glad P is home, resting and safe! Thought about you a lot today! I'll blog later about the ball game but we had a great time, just wished you were there! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie: I'm so sorry you've been going through so much and I hadn't even checked my computer for a few days so I wasn't aware of all I needed to pray about. Just know that you are all in my daily prayers, though and if there is any way dad and me can help you guys all you need to do is let us know! I'm in Colorado now and will probably be here for at least next week. I have my cell and will try to call you but if you get a chance you might give me a call so that I don't interrupt your day at a bad time. I love you all with all my heart and soul. Take care and God's blessings to you all! Love, Hugs, and Prayers - Mom

Mighty Morphin' Mama said...

I am so thankful that he is home safe. What an awful, scary situation. Sounds like God has been so good in answering this prayer quickly.

I just want you to know that I am thinking of you and praying. So much to deal with, all at once. I know without a shadow of a doubt that our God is able to see you through. I know that you do too. We have been through similar circumstances, sometimes seeming as if there was no way out without a miracle. Sometimes we have received a miraculous solution. Other times, God has given us the stamina and grace to step through baby step by baby step. Never knowing one day if we could get through the next. But He was always faithful. He saw us through and provided exactly what we needed each day, for each problem.
My God is your God and he is ever faithful. I pray you see and feel his presence in your lives each and every moment, in each and every step you have to take. He is there with waiting arms to hold you up.
At the end of each day, allow yourself to just fall into his arms and receive peace and comfort, and each morning just give it all back to Him while you pray for strength to take each step.
God bless you,
Kristen

Toni said...

I didn't get to read your post about your BIL until after the fact, but I'm praising God with you that he is safe tonight.
Blessings,
~Toni~

Michelle said...

I didn't get a chance to comment, but I was praying for your BIL and his safety. Thank you God for answered prayers!!

I'm also keeping you guys in my prayers regarding all the financial situations that have come up!